For most of us Sunday is a day of relaxation, as it should be. I believe that after a long hard week of work you owe it to yourself to kick back and relax. Whether your idea of relaxing is kicking back with a glass of wine and binge watching a series on Netflix or just finding time to get a decent yoga session in. Whatever is it you enjoy doing, I’m sure each and everyone of us could use a day of pampering or even an evening. It might be hard to find time in our busy schedules. You’ll thank yourself when CREATE time for yourself. Thirty minutes in the morning reading or meditating or whether it’s time in the evening wearing a face mask or soaking in the tub.
I’m stoked to share this bath bomb recipe for you. So if tub soaking is your thing I got you covered. Even if its not, I think this recipe could help change your mind about unwinding in the tub. These bath bombs have some wonder ingredients that’ll help your body relax to the fullest. Soaking in epson salt helps to reduce stress, reduces pain and inflammation, and also helps with kicking up your magnesium levels. Low magnesium levels can lead to anxiety, insomnia, headaches, and digestive issues amongst many other things. I added some lavender essential oil which helps with insomnia, helps to relax the body, helps heal rashes such as eczema, and even helps with painful migraines. Taking a bath with these bombs before bed will help you to feel relaxed and fall quickly to sleep.
- 1 cup of epsom salt
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of dried roses
- 3 tablespoons of dried lavender
- 2 teaspoons of witch hazel
- 8-10 drops of both lavender and rose essential oils
- 1/3-1/2 cup of water
- Meatballer, cookie scooper, or silicone mold to create bath bombs
- Mixed all of the dry ingredients and witch hazel in a bowl.
- Slowly add the water one tablespoon at a time and mix in.
- Once the mixture is wet and you can form it into a ball it's ready to go.
- I used a cookie scoop for my and then formed mine a little. You're welcome to use a silicone mold if you have one as well. A meat baller would work really well too.
- Let sit up for 2-3 hours and enjoy in a hot bath!
- Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about making these. Hope everyone can get started on their journey to relaxation! Happy Sunday Loves!